We don’t just plan, design and build. BayWa r.e. can also manage all the contract and rights work that’s required for construction and operation of your project. We deal with lease contracts, building permits and grid connection, as well as any technical and commercial plant management that’s required, and purchase the necessary insurance policies. With all this in place, your solar park can be covered by long-term bank financing.
Lease your land and secure a second source of income
If you have unused land or artificial bodies of water, you can lease them to us for the construction of solar plants. Our Agri-PV and Floating-PV systems can help you alleviate conflict over land use and contribute to the success of the green energy revolution. A leasing contract with BayWa r.e. allows you to benefit financially without making any investment yourself.
BayWa r.e. looks after everything from the project development to the maintenance of the finished solar plant and bears all the associated risk.
What we’re looking for:
- All land with a minimum size of around 20 hectares or more
- Cropland in areas with poor soil
- Former industrial sites
- Land with high sunlight penetration (minimum shadows)
- Artificial bodies of water with a minimum size of 20 hectares.
Renting out your land: the benefits
- A fixed rental income for at least the next 30 years
- If you agree to perform lawn or garden maintenance, you will earn additional income as a service provider
- In the case of Agri-PV: Additional benefit when combined with growing crops as Agri-PV provides protection against hail, rain and sun exposure.
Power purchase agreements – an important element for new markets
As an energy-intensive company, you can act sustainably without installing your own solar power system. A power purchase agreement (PPA) means that we supply you with electricity generated by solar energy – either via a direct power line or virtually. BayWa r.e. has extensive expertise in the highly competitive PPA market, and the advantage of many years of collaboration with power purchasers, including both high-volume industrial consumers and utilities.
A service summary:
- Using PPAs, we enable projects to receive medium to long-term financing.
- We offer fixed or variable remuneration models – these are transparently based on energy markets.
- Your yields are secured in the long terms thanks to our stable and financially strong parent company BayWa AG.